I feel like I haven’t done a baking post for ages, so I thought it was time to put one up. I made these salted caramel cupcakes for a ‘Bon Voyage’ party a few weeks ago and they were a hit. For some reason salted caramel reminds me of this time of year, so I think these would be a perfect bake for Bonfire Night if you’re looking for an excuse to make them! I baked these cupcakes using this recipe from Jane’s Patisserie. Also check out my great choice of Toy Story cupcake cases!
For the buttercream and decoration:
150g Softened Salted Butter
350g Icing Sugar
100g Carnation Caramel
Extra Carnation Caramel (for drizzling)
2. Cream together the butter and sugar using an electric mixer until smooth, then add in the beaten eggs and flour, and beat again for about 30 seconds. You might need to loosen the mixture with the whole milk.
3. Spoon the cupcake batter into the cases and bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Leave the cupcakes to cool completely on a wire rack.
4. Mix the caramel for the cupcakes with the pinch of salt, and cut a small hole in the cupcakes to fill with caramel.
5. For the buttercream, beat the butter with an electric mixer for a few minutes to loosen it. Gradually add the icing sugar on a slow speed – so it doesn’t go all over you – until combined, and then speed up the mixer and beat for 3-4 minutes until fluffy and smooth.
6. Add the caramel into the buttercream and beat for another 5 minutes until whipped.
7. Decorate the cupcakes by piping on the buttercream, and then drizzle them with the extra caramel. Now they’re ready to eat!
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin | Pinterest | Facebook