As you will probably be able to tell if you’ve been reading my blog for a while or if you follow me on Instagram, I love baking, it’s my favourite hobby. I tend to go through phases of loving certain bloggers recipes. At the moment I’m loving Jane’s Patisserie‘s recipes – in the last two weeks I’ve made her Honeycomb Crunchie Cake (for my manager’s birthday), Cornflake and Malteser Rocky Road (for a charity bake sale) and these delicious Double Decker Cookie Bars. All of her recipes are so easy to follow and that’s why I love them so much. I also love her YouTube videos, I love baking videos and seeing her adorable dog Rolo.
You will need:
275g Plain Flour
1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
55g Granulated Sugar
135g Light Brown Sugar
1 Medium Egg, beaten
1/2tsp Vanilla Bean Extract
8x 55g Double Decker Bars, chopped
100g Milk Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat your oven to Gas Mark 5 and line a 9×9 tin with baking paper.
2. Mix the plain flour, bicarb, salt and cornflour together until fully combined.
3. In a larger bowl, melt the stork. Add in all of the sugar and whisk for about 2 minutes, until the sugar starts to dissolve and the mixture is smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
4. Add in the chopped Double Deckers (minus a handful) and chocolate chips and mix until a thick cookie dough is formed.
5. Press the mixture to the bottom of the tin and add the chopped handful of Double Deckers in the top for decoration. Bake for 20-25 minutes until they look ‘dry’ on top. Leave to cool fully in the tin and then cut into 16 squares.
You can find Jane’s post about her Double Decker Cookie Bars here.
Love and thoughts to the 22 victims of the Manchester attack, their family and friends & also the injured. You can donate to the Manchester Emergency Fund here.
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin | Pinterest | Facebook