I was unsure what to bake this week, so I thought I’d go for something including Nutella. I’d never tried it until now, so I thought the right time to try it was in a cookie. I found this recipe here, the photos in the post look incredible! I’m so sad that Bake Off as we know it is over now, but I’ve enjoyed watching it and baking every week.
You will need:
220g Unsalted Butter, Softened
165g Soft Brown Sugar
220g Golden Caster Sugar
2 Large Eggs, Beaten
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
525g Plain Flour, Sifted
1 Teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
285g Chocolate Chips
1 Jar of Nutella, Refrigerated (You’ll use about half)
1. Preheat your oven to Gas Mark 4/180C/350F.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Add the egg mixture in two halves until fully incorporated.
4. Mix in the vanilla.
5. Stir in the flour and bicarb until gently combined.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips.
7. Spoon out the dough into balls. Flatten each one in the palm of your hand and place a teaspoon of Nutella in the middle. Fold the edges of the cookie dough around the Nutella and pinch it together to seal it. Roll it gently between the palm of your hands to form doughballs.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden around the edges. Leave to firm up on the baking tray for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Eat these cold or enjoy them hot.